There are millions of web users with disabilities. Creating websites that are accessible to these users will allow you to satisfy United States federal laws and reach more users. Whether it involves creating an accessible site from scratch or else updating an existing site to meet standards, there are tools to help you.
- The federal law about accessibility and specifically 508 compliance: Section508.gov
- Testing your site for compliance: wave.webaim.org/
- Much thanks to Purple Hippo Web Design for interpreting compliance results for a WordPress and Genesis Framework site: purplehippodesign.co.uk
- The WordPress Accessibility plug-in: WP-Accessibility
- The Genesis Framework Accessibility plug-in: Genesis Accessible