Flutes are quite different and therefore some tend to stay in better adjustment than others. These are significant factors affecting your instrument’s stability.
- Make and model of your flute: Some instruments are made more precisely than others. Keywork is also softer on some instruments than others.
- The instrument’s age.
- How well the flute was initially padded and adjusted.
- How much and how frequently it has been played.
- How carefully it has been handled.
- Finger pressure used to play the instrument.
- The amount of moisture your instrument has been exposed to both in its interior and exterior: This includes perspiration. Also, moisture that gets underneath a pad can affect the pad’s adjustment.
- Humidity and temperature variations the instrument has been exposed to.